Advertise your vacancies using CareerHub
Recruit free-of-charge from our pool of more than 12,000 students
If you're a registered company (including recruitment agencies) or a charity,
you can use our
CareerHub service to advertise paid part-time, vacation or
graduate opportunities to our current students and graduates. If you're a
UK-registered charity, you can also advertise suitable voluntary
How it works
You will need to read our terms and conditions and register before posting your first
vacancy. After registering, you can advertise vacancies as and when you have them. We
aim to publish all adverts within two working days, as long as all information provided
is accurate and appropriate.
This service is free to use but we do ask you to complete our feedback
form to let us know a few details once the closing date for your vacancy has passed.
Guidelines for posting vacancies
All vacancies advertised must meet our guidelines, please also familiarise yourself with our
terms and conditions of use. Use of Essex CareerHub will constitute acceptance of our terms and conditions.
When completing the form you'll need to provide a detailed job description, a specific rate of
pay or salary, a closing date and details of how candidates can apply. You will also need to:
- provide a website or contact details where candidates can find out more about
the vacancy and the organisation, or how our staff can contact you for further
- make sure the advert and vacancy meet current employment and equal opportunities
- give the job title and the client's name if you are a recruitment agency
We reserve the right not to advertise or to remove opportunities which are not
suitable for our students or graduates. These may include:
- jobs which are unpaid (except voluntary roles for a registered charity) or
paid less than the current minimum wage
- roles paid solely on commission
- part-time work for more than fifteen hours per week during term-time
- applications which require original documentation or a photo
- jobs which ask for an upfront financial investment from candidates
- roles with private individuals and/or requiring the candidate to work at a
- self-employed positions
- when an organisation has misrepresented themselves or any aspect of the
application process or work involved
After you have advertised your vacancy
You will need to contact applicants and arrange interviews as usual.
You can tell us about your experience of using CareerHub by completing our
employer feedback form.