Apply to study at Essex
Find out more about how to apply for an undergraduate course at Essex. We can provide you with help and advice, and
guide you through the application process.
The Undergraduate Admissions Office manages the policy and processing of all applications for full-time study made
through UCAS and is the first point of contact for enquiries from prospective
students and applicants. Our team is responsible for:
- assessing each application and processing all decisions to UCAS
- handling a large number and range of admissions related enquiries
- assessing the fee status of applicants
- issuing Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies to students needing a Tier 4 visa
- researching and assessing qualifications for entry suitability
- co-ordinating and organising confirmation of results and clearing
- advising whether UK, EU and international qualifications are acceptable for entry to our courses
- maintaining publications and websites relating to courses and entry
requirements, including listings on the UCAS website
Applications for the International Foundation Programme and International Year One in Business courses
within our Essex Pathways Department can also be made directly using our
online application form.
How we can help
We offer advice and guidance on entry requirements and all aspects of the UCAS application process. Full details of our courses are on
our Course Finder. Once your application has been processed, we can support you through the rest of the admissions cycle, by providing
information about your offer and the next steps, in advance of your arrival in the autumn.
If you know which member of our team you'd like to speak to, you can
contact them directly.
Drop into our office
We’re always happy to see personal callers. You can find us in room 5S.7.30 (on floor 7) at our Colchester Campus.
The easiest route is via the entrance to the School of Law on Square 4.