Did you know:
- The University of Essex is among the UK’s research elite, with the majority of our research rated
as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent' (REF 2014)
- Research students studying in the UK are more likely to complete
their studies successfully and take less time to complete their studies
than elsewhere in the world.
- Our reputation attracts researchers and students from all over the
world, creating one of the most cosmopolitan and diverse campuses in the
Postgraduate researchers in the Faculty of Science and Health
- World-class researchers as supervisors
- Excellent research facilities
- A wide choice of research areas
- High-quality skills training
- Opportunities for working/teaching – to support your studies
- The chance to publish and travel – our students are our colleagues
- Careers advice and career planning
We offer a wide range of postgraduate research
opportunities, including options to study full-time, part-time and
occasionally by distance learning. Across the Faculty we offer
research degrees including:
MSc by dissertation (MSD), MPhil, Professional Doctorate (PD) and PhD.
Students taking a
PhD via an Integrated Programme complete both a taught Masters degree
and a doctorate.
Fees and Funding
Our Student Finance area will tell you all
about funding opportunities, including scholarships for overseas students.
Essex Loyalty Discounts
The University of Essex now offers its graduates and its former study
abroad students a ten per Essex
Loyalty Discount on their first year of tuition fee for postgraduate
Enhancing your time at Essex
There are many opportunities to engage with the wider research community
at Essex. You will be encouraged to take part and present at departmental
seminars and you will also be able to share your research through a variety
of knowledge exchange activities.
Departments employ Graduate Teaching Assistants to support delivery of a
wide range of undergraduate modules. There may also be opportunities to work
as a research assistant to support an academic's research. These are a great
way to build up your skills and also help fund your studies through paid