Staff Common Room Association
Colchester Campus staff common room
Our Colchester Campus has a common room for staff which you can use by becoming a member of the Staff
Common Room Association (SCRA). Members enjoy the following facilities:
- free coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the common room
- a comprehensive range of newspapers and magazines which you can read in the common room
- use of a microwave and toaster
- freshly prepared microwave lunches available daily (£3 charge)
- a Friday lunchtime craft group started by some of our members
The common room is at the front of the first floor of the Albert Sloman Library. Please contact
us if you'd like to have a look around before joining.
The Colchester Campus staff common room is available during the main Library opening hours.
How to join
Membership is open to all members of University staff for a monthly cost of £3.50, which is
payable via a salary deduction.
Please read our constitution before joining.
To join the SCRA, please print, complete and return our membership form.
- Dr Murray Griffin, President
- Lynn Baird, Treasurer
- Steve Doubtfire, Secretary
- Tony De Roy, Committee Member
- Bob Self, Committee Member
- Mary Pelowski, Committee Member
- Vince Swann, Committee Member
- Nick Warren, Committee Member
- Dr John Woods, Committee Member