Will Jennings our student isolation support manager, tells us about this service that has supported more than 2,500 students during the pandemic.

"From the depth of my heart, thank you so much for all the great help and support that you have provided me during a hard time in my isolation." - University of Essex student

When was the student isolation support service launched?

The Student Isolation Support (SIS) service has been operating since September 2021 to provide targeted and distinct support to all students in isolation due to COVID19, or in quarantine following arrival to the UK.

How many students have benefited?

To date, we have contacted and supported over 2500 students required to self-isolate, and we have received amazing feedback regarding the support and reassurance provided.

What help does the team provide?

The Student Isolation Support team is on hand to assist all students in isolation to ensure their wellbeing is looked after, to answer queries regarding remote study support, testing, and isolation guidance, as well as ensuring students have access to food and medication. We understand the impact COVID19 has had on student’s academic life and on their wellbeing, and we aim to support in any way possible to overcome some of these challenges. We want to make sure everyone is listened to and still enjoys their university experience, no matter their situation.

How can I get in touch with the team?

If you are currently self-isolating, or have any questions regarding self-isolation, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via email at isupport@essex.ac.uk and we will respond as soon as possible to arrange a chat.

"I am so grateful for receiving support from the SIS team during self-isolation. SIS acted as a friend who consistently delivered a prompt response, and supported me by providing all the essential kits, as well as regular contacts to support my needs, wellbeing, and mental health throughout self-isolation.” - University of Essex student

More information about our student isolation support service is on the student directory.